Friday, November 11, 2005

Alright people, lets be honest with ourselves.

While I am sure that you, my loyal readers, have realized that I have been lying to myself, I am still coming to terms with it. So in an effort to acknowledge what you all already know, I have a confession to make. The "hiatus" was a farce. I may have convinced myself that I wasn't dating, but really, I was just pretending not to date while I kissed (and in the case of the wedding, a little more) a couple of boys on the side. Besides Line of Suck and then the rebound Rock, there is now a new minor obsession, the Strumming Neighbor. All of this being said, its now time that I admit that I am in no way, nor was I ever, on a hiatus. There, I said it. Its out in the world.

But now I feel free to gush about the Strumming Neighbor a little. He's my norm. Tall, skinny, socially awkward. Beyond adorable. And he has the extra added bonus of being an unbelievable, David Gray meets G. Love, sexy musician. I've always had a weakness for the boys with guitars. We don't usually talk to our neighbors. Most of them are Hassidic Jews and they don't really feel the need to socialize with us. Then, to our surprise, two nice boys crashed our Halloween party and they live right across the street (they are not Hassidic Jews). Stacy and I have befriended them, so last Friday when we had some people over, they came to.

Strumming Neighbor brought his guitar and it was all I could do not to orgasm while sitting there listening to him. He's amazing. After everyone else left, he stayed until 5am talking to me. And I smooched him. Though I'm not sure that was the right move.

Before I had met him, I had seen him outside of his house a bunch of times. It turns out his cell phone doesn't work inside, so he has to make all his calls on his front porch. Well, since Friday, I have seen him out there multiple times but he's always on the phone. I just can't go over there and say hi if he's on the phone, can I? So we haven't talked since then.

Now, there are a couple of side notes. A) Even after 2 hours of sitting in my living room talking about nothing in particular, I had to make the first move. And while the kiss was fabulous, the whole thing was a little bit odd. He's a starer. And he makes me incredibly nervous (but kind of in a good way). B) He's in the middle of a divorce. Yes, a divorce. He's 26. I'm not as freaked out about this as I think I probably should be, but its notable.

Anyway, there will be updates to the neighbor situation. Stacy and I are plotting a sneak attack this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home