Friday, September 23, 2005

Here I go again on my own...

This may be a world record for me, but after just 12 days on my new job, I quit. I didn't have time to tell you all about my new job because...pooof!...Its gone. The professional jargon is that there were "fundamental differences between my work style and my new boss.'" In layman's terms, he's unstable and he made me cry and I don't like him. His words of wisdom to me when I told him that I was quitting were "In the adult world, you will need to learn to work with other people's working styles." Fuck you very much, you bipolar muppet, was my first reaction (in my head, of course, I didn't say that out loud), but it also made me think a little.

When I was in college, we would always joke about my horrible track record with roommates. In my four years of undergraduate, I had 20 roommates. Twenty, 2-0. Now, in my defense, some of these were in group houses and naturally finite situations like dorm rooms and study abroad, but 20 is really a staggering number. How does someone go through that many roommates? If I recounted some of the stories, you would get the picture that many of these people were also a little bit eccentric, let's say. And now, that I am faced with leaving a second job with in two months of losing my last job, I really have to question: Is everyone else eccentric, or is it me?

Maybe I am the nutty one. Maybe I am the one that is just a little bit to the left of center. I think its been well defined already that I am not the brightest color in the crayon box (midnight blue), but am I creating these situations or do I attract these people? Which ever the answer, I am consistently in situations where the odd and the unbalanced are drawn to me, be it in my dating life, professional life, school life, etc. This recent job experience is just another glaring example of this. How do I stop the madness, or in this case, the madmen?

Alright, enough personal psychoanalysis. The big question is, what the hell am I going to do now? I need to find a job that has minimal interaction with people (since that ceases to be my strong quality) and that doesn't require logic, since I think I shed mine somewhere along the way. I may need to go back to the library.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

fuck work, just stay in school and finish, procrastinate as much as you can...get a school job in the AV room or something to hold you over...then worry about everything when you graduate!

9/23/2005 06:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home