Thursday, July 28, 2005

The art of creating your very own drama

So Philly Boy has emailed me, twice, for the first time since December. And tomorrow I am seeing my therapist for the first time since the incident. Meanwhile I am still ridiculously bored and unemployed, even though in my head there is all of this drama. And I should be working on my thesis or sending out resumes, though all I seem to have been able to muster up the energy to do this week is clean out my closet and take the rejects to Goodwill. All of this being said, I am starting to feel like a ridiculous, narcissistic, drama queen that is as useless to others as she is to herself.

In response to my own ineffectiveness, I am writing myself a To-Do list, that I am posting on here, for which I want anyone reading this to hold me responsible. If I do not accomplish at least two of these tasks per week, for the next few weeks, I give you all free reign to berate me to the best of your abilities. I don’t know what that will do for either of us, but, hey, I’m trying….

Here we go:

  1. Send out 5 resumes (can be done multiple times in one week, i.e. if I send out ten resumes, that counts as doing this task twice)
  2. Organize file folders in boxes and closet. I still haven’t organized the folders I took from my last job 3 years ago and now I have more boxes from cleaning out this office. I doubt I need any of it, but I will never know if I don’t go through it.
  3. Research and READ 5 pieces of source material for my thesis (again, can be done multiple times in one week. I have a bunch of things researched already, but they do me very little good if I don’t actually read them).
  4. Figure out health insurance situation.
  5. Cook myself a meal at least three times in one week. This is not as easy as it sounds, my cooking repertoire only goes about as far as the George Foreman will take me, so this also involves some ingenuity in the culinary department.
  6. Research and apply for 3 scholarships. It would probably be good if I at least attempted to fund my education through something other then loans, especially considering my aforementioned hatred for Sallie Mae.
  7. Go on at least one networking lunch for job or thesis purposes. I know too many people in the nonprofit world to not at least make some good use of my time.
  8. VOLUNTEER! It’d be swell if I actually practiced what I preached with all my fabulous free time.

All right, let the madness begin. Classes start in 5 weeks and I should be able to accomplish something before my life becomes consumed with school again. I’ll update about my progress on these tasks, and if I forget to, remind me. Its 3:30pm now and I have to be able to accomplish at least one of these before Dr. No takes me out for a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home