Monday, June 20, 2005

Retail Therapy

Alright, so the weekend started off a little rough. Why PDG decided that 10:30am was the best time for the pre-break up phone call is beyond me. I'm actually fairly confused about why he felt the call was a necessity at all. Let's review.
  1. Met at a party (where I believe I took the initiative to introduce myself to him)
  2. He called me a few days later, talked for over an hour (mostly about him, since he never actually gets around to asking about me)
  3. Met for an awkward drink (see below)
  4. Invited me out with his friends (see below)
  5. Called me with the pre-break up phone call, a.k.a. "Can we just be friends?" speech

Basically, what is throwing me off is that at this fetal stage of a relationship, most guys would simply stop calling. As a twenty-something woman, who has done a fair amount of dating, I'm just more prepared for that scenario. Maybe it's a sad state of affairs that I am so taken aback by this phone call. I have to respect that he wanted to have the conversation and I can't imagine it was an easy phone call to make. And he probably just wanted to get it over with, hence the 10:30am call.

To really be honest, what stings the most is that this pre-break up is based on one of two things from my point of view. A) he's not attracted to me, or B) he realized he doesn't like my personality. Or worse yet, both. He has no other basis for the pre-emptive strike (unless you count Lucky Bear and Dr. No's theory that he's a closet homosexual, which again, with my dating record, is not completely out of the question). For a woman who considers herself equal parts adorable and witty, that just hurts.

So there was some retail therapy involved in the weekend. Drinking and shopping are the cures for pretty much anything these days. I know there are some who would say that that is unhealthy, but to them I say, if my therapist is okay with it, then shut the fuck up.

And anyway, PDG's friends are still calling Lucky Bear to hang out with us, so obviously someone thinks I'm adorable and witty. (And don't tell me that's faulty logic, logic plays little part in my life sometimes)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home