Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Am I just boy crazy?

First, I must apologize for how long it has taken me to post anything. Between work and school I am beginning to think that free, flowing personal thought is a thing of the past. But here I am at 10:30pm at night trying desperately to post something of worth.

That is, of course, a futile endeavor. I think I am boy crazy. It amazes me that I haven't noticed it before, but I am a little on the nutty side. My friends would probably tell you that I have always been a few crayons short of a full box, but I honestly think that this is a new development. Since around July, after the whole ridiculous chain of bad dates, I've pretty much been on a dating hiatus. With the exception of a few random hook-ups, I have just taken a break from the opposite sex. I've actually really enjoyed it. I've stopped all experimentation with Internet dating. I haven't given out my number at any bars and I have politely refused more then one advance. And I have given a resounding "no" to anyone suggesting they may want to set me up.

I have, of course, been entertaining the idea of hiring a cabana boy. All I really want is a man to show up at my house on Sunday morning with coffee, bring in my morning paper, and then cuddle with me while we do the crossword. And that's it. He should just leave when we have finished the paper and there would be absolutely no need for contact at any other times. Is that too much to ask? Is that something that a guy would be interested in? I mean it really is the definition of No Strings Attached, right? Without the sex, of course.

I am too emotionally drained to pretend that I have any mental capacity to carry on anything but the most superficial of relationships right now. That hasn't stopped me from developing a completely inappropriate crush on a boy at school. I want to pass him notes and ask him to meet me on the playground at recess. Do you think he'd want to be my cabana boy? How do you ask someone a question like that with out sounding like you are looking for a hustler in Vegas? Maybe I should come up with a better position title then cabana boy, something more professional. My brain is too tired to think of anything now. I'll work on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Someone to fetch your newspaper and cuddle with, then leave? No sex? Are you sure you don't just want a dog? ;)

9/20/2005 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger Rusty Blue Nail said...

Dogs can't bring me coffee. Its an important part of the equation.

9/20/2005 08:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home